Electronics-Lab.com Community

ohms testing

On a LCD screen?
What kind of screen.
It's going to be complicated and expensive!!!
Y not just analog?
What's the measuring range?

You can just connect a battery source in series with the unknown resistance. Then, it would be complicated. There are chips out there that converts a power/V/A/O/C/I/ etc... reading to LCD interface or LED. Or u can just use a uController
;D ;D ;D

Also, it sounds like that you're a newbie with "Ohms testing" a better topic could be ohmmeter, or even better, digital LCD ohmmeter.  Who would want to build a ohmmeter  :P You should just buy a analog/digital ohmmeter. They're cheap and good, and better than a DIY ;) ;D

They also have many other ffeatures beside just resistance like voltage, current, Cappacitance, etc.....

Well, I have many other things to do beside creating a 4 resistance "measurer"
Do u need a back light? The screen would cost like $5-20 for each one if it has a back light :( . If not, then I'd suggest to salvage some LCD screens from simple calaculators. There r huge LCD screened claculators in a local $ store  ;D

Ask others for help  ;D
Y not buy one?
What do u need it for?
Y do u need to measure 4 resistances at one time?
( are u talking about this? : Kelvin (4-wire) resistance measurement)

:)you own a electronics store, maybe we can do bussiness i do not need a back light and will need alot more than four screens more like 100 to begin with, sorry to bore you with such a small project but if my sceme works it will require alot of parts which you could supply. my screens will have to be as small as possible

LOL  sorry

I meant A LOCAL Dollar store

Ask others for help  Grin
Y not buy one?
What do u need it for?
>:( >:( >:(

NOW,
Why r u doing the project!!!
What is it for?!!!

first u need a ohm "tester", then a small value ohm tester,  then a 4 "independent ohmmeter in 1, then 100+ screens!!!
>:(

If ur a newbie, learn some electronics  ;D

Now, plz answer the questions so we could know more about this, and why
thx

Don't reply until u answer the questions and some from the other post!!!  :)
I'll abandon this topic if u don't

Well, I have many other things to do beside creating a 4 resistance "measurer"
Do u need a back light? The screen would cost like $5-20 for each one if it has a back light :( . If not, then I'd suggest to salvage some LCD screens from simple calaculators. There r huge LCD screened claculators in a local $ store  ;D

Ask others for help  ;D
Y not buy one?
What do u need it for?

ok this is how it is, i need to send set currents down a cable which contains 5 wires and then i need to read the currents on the other end of the cable (wires). i need to know at the same time the readings of each wire, yes i do need to read up on my electronics but thought this way would be easier :-\ thanks

Ok

So y do u want to make it so fancy with the backlighted LCD screens?
What's with the need of over 100+ of those screens?
Y not measure the Current, or Voltage?
What is the point of this project ( what's this used for?) ?

Why does it have to be an LCD?
Why not something simpler?
In order to read the resistance you need two wires, if you only have 5 wires...!???
Why not just buy a 100 $5 ohmmeters?
Why not look for schematics on line?

You might want to buy a simply ohmmeter, rip it apart, throw it a way, buy a new one, carfully take it apart, and map the circut. You will have just created a schematic of an ohmeter. You will then know all of the componets and values needed to build your own.

Your best bet would to buy a bunch of cheap basic ohmmeters. It will be cheaper in the long run...

ps the measuring range is 0.01-0.48

Why does it have to be an LCD?
Why not something simpler?
In order to read the resistance you need two wires, if you only have 5 wires...!???
Why not just buy a 100 $5 ohmmeters?
Why not look for schematics on line?

You might want to buy a simply ohmmeter, rip it apart, throw it a way, buy a new one, carfully take it apart, and map the circut. You will have just created a schematic of an ohmeter. You will then know all of the componets and values needed to build your own.

Your best bet would to buy a bunch of cheap basic ohmmeters. It will be cheaper in the long run...

Yea, u need 2 wires to measure each resistance.

Know any cheap ones that has this range?

Most meters I  know don't just have ohmmeter functions, they also can measure amp, and volt. Making one of this range in analog would be very expensive and unprecise. Buying one would cost at least over $20 + . Don't even think about digital.

Yea!

There r circuits that converts small resistance to a readable voltage. They have a port to the unknown resistance, and another to the multimeter volatage. I don't think that they're precise sense the component matters, board (wires!!!), and things like temperature, moisture, altitude, etc............. 

what is the difference between analog and digital? and the price isn,t really an issue. i would like to design and make a ohmmeter that can read multitable circuits at the same time as well as displaying the results at the same, so iwould like to use the same components that just the ohmmeter use,s and then to mutiply it

Well, there are basically kinds of digatal and analog.
Analog meters are those that display the reading on a meter mostly one that measure mA (full scale deflection would be about 50 mA).
digital are meters that display the reading with a screen like LCD. They both have there goods and bads(see below..) .

another kind of analog and digital is mostly used in circuits.
Analog is info that's I/O using a variety (varying) of frequencies, voltage, etc.
Digital would be circuits that use voltage/ no voltage (high or low than a specified voltage)

A digital meter is called that because it has a circuit in there that converts the measurement ( in analog, resistances can't have just 2 values!) to digital, now the info is digital so it could be ouputted onto the screen.

As i said, U should probaly LEARN SOME ELECTRONICS

lots of resource are avalible here!!!!!!

what is the difference between analog and digital? and the price isn,t really an issue. i would like to design and make a ohmmeter that can read multitable circuits at the same time as well as displaying the results at the same, so iwould like to use the same components that just the ohmmeter use,s and then to mutiply it

Invention, new idea ?
first, very few would use this, making this would probaly just be for yourself
If u want to build something, LEARN some ELECTRONICS!!!

If money isn't a issue, a easy way to making a device to measure many resistances would be to just buy some ohmmeters, then take the case off and just put the circuits together with a different, bigger case  ;D ;D ;D
how EZ is that?

Experienced ppl could use ucontrols to make the measurements be displayed on 1 screen, create there own circuit, display the info in different formats. i'm not going to do the work for u  ;D