Electronics-Lab.com Community

DIODE QUERY

prateeksikka

MP,  how came to such conclusion?  the circmustances to be elaborated where from smoke comes?

1. yes if the diode is in the shunt path like that in an smps with forward mode --

2. a. yes if one diode of a bridge is shoted-- b. if the diode of anhalf wave rectifier type adopter is shorted, the electrolytic filter cap blows due to -ve half cycles.

sarma

sarma,
Thanks for the elaboration, but I was actually making a joke based on the old electronics addage that all electronic components have smoke in them and if you let the smoke out, they will stop working... of course, we all know that this is not where the smoke comes from.

MP

hai prateeksikka

plese think about your qestion.

is the diode a part any circuit or it is stand alone with no connections.
does yuor doubt belong to any specific circuit? if so which one.
what charge on the diode you are talking about ??
ALL Qs only is it not ? please moderate your question to be able to get a reply.

sarma

FINE MP

i am reminded of FOOL or JOKE circuits that used to apper in the Summer circuits edition of ELEKTOR magazine (NL based)

there aslo we used to find one or two absurd circuits and an almost convincing write-up even-- i agree we need some lighter coner to relx

sarma

I have never seen one of them. I don't mean to take this off-topic, but if you happen to still have one or more of these magazines, it would be amusing to see some of these joke articles. Of course, it should appear as a new topic.

MP