Electronics-Lab.com Community

reduce handsfree speaker for mic input

glytch

I searched all around different forums before posting this.

I want to use a mobile phone handsfree headset output from a call and mix it with the mic input from my computer headset so I can transmit a call from my mobile phone through to an online conference room for training.

I know I can't just splice one of the handsfree earpieces with the pc mic input because of the current difference, my question is.. what sort thing will I need to reduce the current on the hansfree earpiece so I can combine it with the pc headset mic?

this way I can have one of the mobile handsfree earpieces in my ear and one connected to the mic input so the conference room can hear what I'm saying and what the caller on the mobile is saying.

I hope this isn't too vague, I don't need a circuit - just a few pointers

thanks!

Andy

Hi Glytch,
Welcome to our forum. ;D
All you need is a resistor and a coupling capacitor in series from the few hundred millivolts output to the earphone to the 10mV mic input. The mic input impedance is about 3k ohms so the resistor should have a value of about 30k ohms, and the capacitor can be 47nF. Then connect the two grounds together.

You won't have a separate level control for the person on the phone.