Electronics-Lab.com Community

AV switch help

Does anyone know of a product like this? If not then is anyone interrested in building such a switch for me? We need not one of them but hundreds of them so if anyone here feel they have the knowledge to produce this simple circuit for our company then let me know.

Maybe someone here knows of such a switch that is for sale somewhere, I cant find one.

Basically a composite video switch with stereo sound that can be controlled by a serial port. I think the image I made explains it OK. Im dont really have a clue about electronics but I think its ok for explaining the needs of it.

If this type of thread is illegal on your forums please delete it.

Link to full image here:

Switch%20Design.jpg

I think I can build a circuit for you, but it would be easier if you could tell me what's the purpose of it, so I could think of the design. I understood that you need A/V switch  which could select between two A/V sources, than amplify selected source and divide it to two outputs? If it' correct, I have a circuit for you - but I really don't understand why it has to be controlled over PC's serial port - it is much simpler to control it over parallel port, or manually by push-button switch on the device.

If you're interested, post.

Greetings from Serbia,
Milan.