Electronics-Lab.com Community

Voice recognition system

Hi,

Sorry to disturb u all.I'm a new member in this forum.Hopefully,anyone can help me by sharing info,any ideas,comment or suggestion due to help me finished my final year project.Here, i need to design DAC part of voice recognition system.I need to design DAC circuit and the same time doing matlab simulink to sample this voice.

How do i can identify either my DAC circuit, function or not?What kind of source do i need to connect with my circuit, if i need the signal in digital form?Where and how do i handle it?

Do you mean an ADC (analog-digital), not DAC (digital-analog)? That is, to take the analog waveform from the voice and convert it to a binary number, then send that to Simulink for analysis?

I've never done voice recognition, but I imagine you'll need a high quality microphone, followed by a low noise amplifier, followed by a high speed ADC chip. From there, you'll need to get the digital data back to MATLAB. Does your PC have any kind of data capture card? I've used MATLAB extensively, but only with NiDAQ capture cards and a Textronix digital scope. I don't know about getting data to a PC without a capture card or other suitable interface.

Of course, another options would be to plug a microphone into your sound card, capture .WAV files, and use MALTAB to analyse those!

My task only to design the DAC circuit(Dgital-to analog converter).Meaning that, i only need to convert the signal in digital form into analog signal back.My previous question is more focus in design the DAC circuit(hardware).It seems likely,the voice recorder and feedback function, but implement with voice recognition system.

In order to design the DAC circuit,I were advice do not use any of IC chip.Can anyone help me to solve this problem?..

• 2 weeks later...

From the last post it appears that u just want a DAC ckt using passive components like resistors... if thats right i could suggest the foll. 3 methods:
1-Binary weighted resistor D/A Converter
2-R/2R Ladder D/A Convertor
3-Inverted R/2R Ladder Convertor
...the above ckts. do require an amplifier as the methods need a current to voltage converter at output. ;D