Electronics-Lab.com Community

radio

monoman

hi,

I have been trying to learn all about how radio works, and ive looked at quite a few resources about it. I know that you need to create a carrier wave and then put the data onto it with a modulation signal, and that the carrier wave is produced at the transmitter by putting an alternating voltage across it. there is a couple of points:

> how can you put an alternating voltage along a single piece of wire(transmitter) which is only connected to the circuit at a single point? doesn't there need to be an electrical potential at both ends?

> does a reciever need to be providied with an oscillating electrical signal too, or does a radio wave simply hit a transmitter producing the modulated signal through the wire?

>also a couple of circuit diagrams would really help (I am particularly interested in Frequency modulation radio)

Thank you very much,
Monoman :)

Hi monoman

>also a couple of circuit diagrams would really help (I am particularly interested in Frequency modulation radio)

The following link is a practical book full with transmitters and receiver circuits
if u read it carefully, you will find all what u need to know about FM also AM and antennas
I hope it help u.
http://www.mikroe.com/en/books/rrbook/rrbook.htm

while u  r reading, you can ask about anything obscure.