Electronics-Lab.com Community

v/f control of 3-phase Induction motor

bir_alma

I am working on  constant voltage by frequency(v/f) control of 3-phase induction motor for my final project. I think this is achieved by using PWM invertors, and I will do it by that. There are different methods of generating PWM wave. I can not use the DSP based because I can't get these type of chips due to economic reasons. So what do you advise me on the type of PWM wave generator and how to achieve it easily with reasonable price? I am waiting your help.
Thank you inadvance.

The rating of the iduction motors that I am going to control is above 5 HP, 415V, 3-phase wound rotor or squirrel cage .
The available materials for me are , 8085 and 8086 microprocessors with their interfecing devices , interfacing cards like DAC and ADC , 8051 microcontroller.
Thank you Gazza.

The rating of the iduction motors that I am going to control is above 5 HP, 415V, 3-phase wound rotor or squirrel cage .
The available materials for me are , 8085 and 8086 microprocessors with their interfecing devices , interfacing cards like DAC and ADC , 8051 microcontroller.
Thank you Gazza.

Sounds good to me, so you just need to program the PWM sequence and build the power circuit.

It is going to be a lot of work, I will be interested to see how it turns out :)

• 1 month later...

Hi evreybody. I have changed my idea on the method of generating the SPWM signals for the inverter. That is I want to design it using analog electronics. I have generated the carrier triangular wave and i am going to use wien bridge oscillator or the  8038 function generator IC. Which type of switch MOSFET or IJBT is most appropriate for my application and with this what is the possible carrier frequency?
I need your help.