Electronics-Lab.com Community

Unbalanced to blanced

1) which you think is of best quality, a balun transformer or an opamp?

I told you already. An expensive transformer will have a good enough audio bandwidth and will have mu-metal magnetic shielding to avoid picking up mains hum. A good opamp doesn't have these probems, is smaller and is less expensive.

2) about the opamp which you think is best? tl 071??

The TL071 is not the best but it has good value for an audio opamp. Many are used in home entertainment electronics but not in studio and broadcasting equipment. A TL072 has two opamps and a TL074 has four opamps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum.
Currently, I trying to built a balance - unbalance and vice versa circuit but run on a normal adapter.
The adapter deliver 12Vdc only. In this case how can I power the opamp into the negative rail since I'm just having +12Vdc. I had tried using a 555 charge pump to produce the negative portion. But the current is too small to power 4 pcs of TL074 opamp, besides others circuitry too.
How could I acheive this?
Maybe another question here is. Is charge pump psu good for the balance - unbalance? Will it distort the signal or producing noise to it?
Thanks for reading.
Regards
Alvin