IC3 CA555
IC4 SN74HCT74
IC5 LM7805
Relay 12 Volt coil with changeover contact
C1 100u
C2 22u
C3 100n
C4 2u2

Left column is how the part is labeled in Schematic.  Correct?  IC1 = Integrated Circuit 1.  C1 = Capacitor 1.  No?  What does C usually mean, what does IC usually mean?  R? B? D? Q?

Right column:
For instance, LED1 CQX35A.  What could CQX35A possibly mean?  A model number, from where?
R6 3k3 What?  3,003 resistor?  I mean, I'm so lost.  Are these all common parts?

What are standard symbols for schematics, what do they mean?

How am I supposed to attach these all?  PCB?  Am I going to have to make my own from a PCB site?  How will I get the spacing right?  Can I use a "universal" pcb.  Breadboard obviously isn't practical.  Should I just use pieces of wire.  How will I know if the wire is correctly rated?  Or a toggle switch.  How will I know the compatibility of things?  I want to learn it all.  I just need some direction.  I have 2 learning kits coming in the mail.  Real basic stuff to try and learn some solder technique.  I have a cheap radio shack iron.  I don't think it's chisel typed, unfortunately.  How important is that?  And I'm still unclear about how to solder.  From what I understand.  I should tin my iron, then put it on one side of the lead (leed?  sp) then touch my solder to it till the flux runs, then move it around the edge of the lead/leed.

You could get a lot of good tutorial information by searching the web for Vellum kits. This is a brand name. They always put a very nice soldering tutorial in the beginning of their projects. B1 is Battery #1, R1 is resistor #1, C1 is Capacitor #1, U1 is IC#1 (or Integrated Circuit #1), the numbers behind them are model numbers, values, or part numbers that you would use.

You can make your own pc board or just try the circuit on a breadboard to start. You can use the generic perf board and run wires between all the parts. You will not have much current, so small gauge wire is fine. You might even want to invest in a "Wire Wrap" tool. This is a nice little tool that will help you connect the parts with a very fine wire that it spools around the leads of the components you want to connect.

Hope that gets you started.

MP