Electronics-Lab.com Community

IC upside down?

charcoaldabs2

Doing basic beginners kit, going great, lots of fun.  Beginner's kit, beginner's mistakes.

I put in a 16 pin IC "Chip" i guesss, is it a chip?  upside down.  Is this a problem?  It is notched to go a certain way, but all I see are metal points.  Damn, I see integrated circuit, so it's all messed up.  So... I can't get the solder braid working to take off all my solder, and I don't have a solder pump, and I really wanna finish this.  Can I leave it?  I did discover that wrenching at it with pliers won't get it out.  Dios Mio!  Can anyone help?

Hello charcoaldabs2

Sounds like you did good with the heat gun. My first time I tried to recyle parts from printer boards I tried using a propaine torch. Not a good idea, by the time I got done there wasn't much to do but get a garbage bag out.
    Now I use a soldering iron with a sucker pump on it, Got that at radio shack, works great on ic's and only cost about 15 bucks. Spring loaded solder suckers work but not very fast.
                                                                  have fun
                                                                  gogo