Electronics-Lab.com Community

"ACTIVE SUB-WOOFER AND CONTROLLER"

Since I am a novice I would like to take your help in clarifying some doubts regarding the  using op-amp TL072 ( http://sounElliott Sound Products Project-48  "ACTIVE SUB-WOOFER AND CONTROLLER"
( http://sound.westhost.com/project48.htm )

(1) The total number of capacitors given in the circuit is 4 Nos, that is 2 Nos of Non-polarised electrolytic and 2 Nos of polyster capacitors. Where as in the PHOTO OF COMPLETED PROTOTYPE, I see 9Nos of capacitors are there. Can you please explain why it is so?

(2) In place of NON-POLARISED ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS, can we used some other capacitors? Non-Polarised Capacitors are not easily available in the market.

(3) Lastly, Can you kindly give me a prototype of the PCB for the project in any graphic format? Being a remote area, there is no facilities to send money to Elliott Sound towards the cost of PCB.

(1) The total number of capacitors given in the circuit is 4 Nos, that is 2 Nos of Non-polarised electrolytic and 2 Nos of polyster capacitors. Where as in the PHOTO OF COMPLETED PROTOTYPE, I see 9Nos of capacitors are there. Can you please explain why it is so?

Confusing, isn't it?
There are capacitors near the inputs and maybe one is near the output in the picture. Then the remaining missing two capacitors are bypassing the supplies.

(2) In place of NON-POLARISED ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS, can we used some other capacitors? Non-Polarised Capacitors are not easily available in the market.

Connect the negative wires of two 10uF polarized capacitors together. The series combination makes a 9.4uF non-polarized capacitor.

(3) Lastly, Can you kindly give me a prototype of the PCB for the project in any graphic format? Being a remote area, there is no facilities to send money to Elliott Sound towards the cost of PCB.

You need to buy their pcb or make your own.