Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community

What's this? (retroilluminated mobile phone screen)


Recommended Posts

Thanks. Could you point me to a circuit that you know is working? Most of the high voltage inverters I found use some transistors and a transformer (I doubt there was a transformer in there).

EDIT: Now I have the name I'm doing a bit of research. Technicaly an EL panel is a capacitor which if has to be feed with a alternate sginal would make it a unpolarized capacitor. But wikipedia doesn't talk about inverting the DC and my panel is polarized....
The only thing that's clear is that it requires high voltage.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. It needs an inverter as you pointed out. I've found a manufacturer page with information:

However I want to know how can I drive the panel without a transformer.... (cause there wan't none)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...