Electronics-Lab.com Community

hydroxy gas power supply/separating oxygen and hydrogen from water

steven

:)here is the printed circiut board design i drew up some time ago for that circiut .this is what you see through the top of the board  so the design is easy to trace onto a coper board through carbon paper ,the letter I is for the inductor wire, the other end goes to near the output  allso marked with a letter I.  the letter L represents tinned coper wire links , or jumper .the 2x Z1  12 volts zener diodes the 10 resistors are 1/4 watt the other 2 x 470 ohms are 1 watts the sf67 diodes can be brought at jaycar electronics in the 10 pack for just under $10 and the trannys are at world wide electronics , allso the other 2 diodes to.

post-876-14279143409652_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:)hey hanker 886 sorey for the long delay in replying i was off the net for a break  while i biuld my credit up so im back for another few weeks .i used a 12 volts seald lead acid cell battery to power it  i have more up dates and pictures of the bright yellow gas flame from igniting the hydroxy gas and allso some video footage it it burning to heres the latest picture of the tank and high voltage arc ignition , i modified the low pressure gas tank from my big hydroxy gas plant i made which i put aside for the time being and have modified it so the hydroxy gas flows out in a better concentration from the hydroxy gas comppression and holding tank  the tank i modified is now a bubbler tank to aviod flash backs and ignition test tank to  the brass electrode i used for the high voltage goes into a hole in the side of the upside down plastic thunnel i inserted into the top section of the tank before i sealed it in and the high voltage arc return is the wire and bolt in the alliuminium thunnell. combustion chamber i used and ive added an exstension arc wire after the picture was taken, to encourage the arc to go to the wire and not the top edge of combustion chamber so the gas will pas through the arc better and hopefully ignite . so the gas output tube from the hydroxy gas generator can now be run directly to the comppression and holding tank , then the gas input is shut off and the other tap turned on.  then the gas will run to the bottom of the bubbler tank through the one way bycical tube valve and then through the water and out the top metal chamber and the electrodes and wires for the arc are tapped directly to the high voltage output of my multi  ignition coil , which is powerd by a simple driver circiut , then i can watch the gas being ignited 

post-876-14279143442918_thumb.jpg

:)heres another circiut identical to the other and the 100uh inductor costs only just over $3 each at jaycar electronics and the brown colourd greencap they are cheap for 68nf , and the sf 67 super fast diodes i got from world wide electronics in perth western australia where i am so when they finnally got some in i orderd some , so now with 2 identical circiuts  all i need to do is make another simple hydroxy generator and channell the 2 gas outputs from both into one and get twice as much gas and flow so then i can design a larger comppression tank for it

post-876-14279143443615_thumb.jpg

here is the latest picture, of the latest hydroxy gas generator power supply/push pull driver circiut/flyback transformer driver circiut. all installed into the latest home made pvc circiut box.  notice the heatsink with the 2 irfp450 n channell mosfets on it , all installed inside the box and not outside it ,  if i installed it outside and i was to pick the box up when i have a static charge on my body  in case i touch the heatsink with the static sensitive mosfets on them,  i dont want to take that chance. 

see that blue plastic screw on lid im holding  it has a small hollow threaded outlet pipe screwed into it , that lid originally screws onto a large 4 liter demineralized water container that i have my demineralized water and bi car soda mix in it for the hydroxy gas generator.

that lid being to big to fit on top of my smallest hydroxy generator , so i sat it on top of it and the gas and vapours made one side of that lid jump up and down and when i held my lighter flame at the outlet black peace  i wasent getting the gas reaction as it was comeing out under the lid and not where i held the flame, as the gas was comeing out from under it which exsplains the lid jumping up and down, so i decided  to apply pressure and hold that lid down with my hand to give it a better seal and so the gas will come out the outlet nozzell instead , and with the flame at the output nozel it made a loud bang , it was an implosion as the lid did not force upwards against my hand at all , and due to the narrow neck of my small hydroxy gas generator it couldent get sucked into it so it got cracked at  trying to . if you have kodack easy share use the zoom to zoom in on that lid  to try see the crack if you can , with the lid off you can see bubles and allso the hydroxy gas vapours to and with a lazer youll see it better 

post-876-14279143444702_thumb.jpg

if ive made an error on the mosfets i used they are the IRFP450 N CHANNEL MOSFETS , and the stainlless steell bolts i used, have 302 written on the packet, i need to try to get a better grade of stainlless steell that i was told is harder and may corode less than the grade of stainlless steell im useing, i apologise for the clarity of the last picture here ,

heres one from stiffler scientific  and if you look at the video youll see how fast the hydroxy gas is generated , theres bits of the circiut used but the details of the component values are not there so can anyone fill in the missing details so i can try this circiut out.
D:\Charge Recycle Electrolyzer - CRE.htm

:)if anyone has been luckey enougth to work out the parts used for the stiffler scientific version hydroxy gas circiut id like to see it.  and with my tallest hydroxy gas generator when i put my thunb over the gas output tube i can feell the gas pressure biuld up pritty good still and i think that useing 2 hydroxy generators off 2 separate power supplys would give me double the gas output and pressures, the 302 stainlless steel bolts i use get some corosion on them after a while and they start to feell razor rougth or sharp like, so 316 type stainlles steel bolts may be better to use , with the circiut im useing even water dosent work so i have to increase its conductivity more with bi carb soda in order to get the best gas output as i can , as trying to force the current through water to get bubbles , with the circiut im useing is so hard .

316 grade stainlless steell has supiorior  corrosion resistance, to 304 grade  and 302 grade stainlless steell , so its best to use the 316 grade , in western australia  i found the 316 grade stainlless steell bolts at the local coventry store and they are cheap to buy and work very well to as im makeing another hydroxy gas generator useing these bolts and they are fatter to , in this one the bolts are inserted fully excet for the heads of the bolts , and ill use battery compartment springs as a contact for the 2 bolts , as soon as its finished ill post it here. and this one will be upgraded

:) heres another simple power supply for extracting hydroxy gas from water, in fact i posted this circiut into the high voltage stuff section before , now the circiut i posted recently that i found to be ok in makeing hydroxy gas was the flyback driver circiut , so heres the ignition coil driver circiut that allso be used to make hydroxy gas , and i  will be working on updateing this to work better or hopefully faster at makeing hydroxy gas

post-876-14279143474017_thumb.jpg

:)i tested out another flyback driver circiut for makeing hydroxy gas but the bubbles were only in small amounts , this driver circiut isent as good at makeing hydroxy gas as the one i posted recently, that has the inductor in it, thats the best one ive used. this other one has a gate reisitor of 300 ohms and the mosfet its suposed to have was the irf750 or near that but i dident have any left so i tried out a 2n3055 transistor and got bubbles ok, but in small amounts so i parralelled another tranny with it and got the same results , and one of the 2n3055 trannys got hot, and not the other one so i removed the trannys and tried just a irf510 mosfet which gave the same reactions before,  it stoped working, so i changed the gate reisiter to a 470 ohms like in the other driver circiut that makes the best gas so all i need to try out is the irfp450 n channell mosfet like the other circiut uses and see if i get faster gas output like i did with the other circiut,  even though its only one mosfet and not 2 like the other circiut, that uses 2x irfp450 n channell mosfets

:)well it was worth the exsperiment  to try it , anyhow the small bubble production i got may of been to little to be of use , im testing it out for desulphating a battery and it appears to be slowly working  as im allso useing my desulphator and the driver circiut together , and in this exsperimental setup  the high pitch niose which is adjustable through the 25k and 10 pots is now comeing from the inductor of the  desulphtor circiut , and even though its makeing the tranny hot i have it sitting on and ice cube in a small shooter glass to keep its tempiture down ,  with the variable voltage and frenquency output of the flyback driver circiut with the 2n3055 in it and the frenquency of the desulphator to i think maybe im getting a mutiple frenquency wave if i got it right zapp the battery , as the minimal voltage  it could hold was around the 4 volts now its holding more  so far ive got to 5 volts its hard to say whats happening but ill let ya know when the tests are done

:)my ignition coil driver which i allso have, that allso is used to make hydroxy gas has a 100 ohms resistor and it dont get hot so i put a 100 ohms resistor in and left the 2n3055 npn transistor in  but when i tested it again i got so much misty bubbles that it made the water look white and trying to take a picture of it up stairs with the bedroom light on which wasent so bright, was hard as the light from a torch i used to help light up the erea was being reflected by the white misty reaction in the small glass beaker i used to do the exsperiment in.  , the water got hot and so did the transistor , dispite the gate resisitor being the same as in another circiut useing the tranny.  i tried useing plain tap water and it dident work and the tranny dident get hot untill i used the demineralized water with lots of bi carb soda  to increase the waters conductivity,  so i beleave the high conductivity of this prepaird water was what gave the good reaction and made the tranny hot to  allso the water,  and the misty looks of it id say i was getting so many bubbles the size small enougth to make it look misty underwater, and i put the flame to it  and couldent really say much as the beaker was an open one so the gas aint concentrated enought to ignite it . but i did see , vapour mist comeing from the water but not thick as under the water .

notice in the latest picture that there is a mystery reaction there see the larger bubbles forming on the inside surface of the glass beaker  and this was while the tinyest bubbles was surfaceing thus makeing the water very white  ive read of something like this about the formation of bubbles away from the electrodes, on the net last night , the bubbles was suposed to all come from the stainlless steell bolt electrodes and surface  and they are but the bubbles forming on the inside surface are away from the electrodes ignore the circiut you see in the back ground as its a gravity wave detector . not part of the hydroxy gas exsperiment

:) the heating up of the transistor could allso be because i was useing a fully charged 12 volts seald lead acid cell battery  i geuss that as the battery voltage was getting lower the transistor allso seemed to not get hot  to but then i changed battery to another one and it still seemed ok as this time i was actually useing my small hydroxy generator and it had more water than the beaker could hold , and because it had more water in it , it wasent getting hot and the tranny was cool then , all the exsperiemnts ive done i could never see the flash so i used my digital camera and filmed it then slowed it down on the pc, enougth to be able to see the flash  but in the latest exsperiment i was able to see the flash for the first time ever , without haveing to film it and slow it down, to see it, i beleave this to be very wierd  and the components on the board and the way i have it set up  may be i geuss createing this gas at a  near maqgical frenquency , and a flame held over it seems to react by makeing the flame brighter  the vapour is burning good , ive removed the electrolytic capacitor from the board and it still goes good without it , recently  i put a little dish washing liuqiud in the small hydroxy generator to hold the gas but the bubles formed were like inside the beaker  in the other exsperiment and it was white  and if any bubles were there they were so small you cant see it it looked like fine foam from a bubble bath , but ive washed it all out and maybe a small trace is left in it and before i used a bowel of water with dish washing liqiud in it and when i put the gas into it to light up the bubbles were then bigger  and the flash was invisible unlless filmed and slowed the video down to see it , where only the flash was seen and no flame , the tests and results are all wierd ill work it out somehow.

:)the latest tests of the modified flyback circiut i decided to try a few different other value green caps for different frenquencies , the one marked 472 i removed and tried a 10uf written as 105 on the large green cap it worked ok but when i got to trying the 0.56uf green cap written as 474 , the  hydroxy gas generating seemed to improve as the flame from my cigarrette light when i brought it to the top of the hydroxy gas pipe lite the gas and the top of the water was on fire for a few seconds after i took the flame away  so it was burning by itself when i took the flame away , i geuss i was or probably getting equal amounts of both gas vapours  the tranny got hot again and so did the water so ill try my largest hydroxy gas generator next time , oe sdjust the water conductivity by diluting it a bit

:)heres a stilled picture taken from the video footage of the visible flash of the hydroxy gas igniting, this is the one that  you can actually see  when it pops  without haveing to slow the footage down  to see it.  but in order to get a picture of it i slowed it down and stoped it and took this picture off the pc monitor screen so i can post it here

post-876-14279143477534_thumb.jpg