Electronics-Lab.com Community

dancing leds with counter

You can replace the CD4017 sequencing counter IC with the digital counter and displays from our project that counts and displays the distance that you walk:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/misc/007/index.html

The displays might be a blur if the Dancing LEDs input is counting high music frequencies.

can you pls give  me a suggestion in how will I apply your suggested I.C in my project which is the dancing leds, tnx

Just look at the schematics and the datasheet for the display driver IC.
I stuck them together but I left the RESET pins for you to figure out what to do with them.
You also need to figure out what the circuit will do when it counts one more than 99.

The Dancing LEDs project has 10 LEDs that light one LED in a sequence. They step one LED for each sound that is picked up by the microphone.

The Digital Step-km Counter project counts your steps and displays the number on a digital display.

You said you wanted a Dancing LEDs circuit with a display so I put the two projects together for you. You can add the circuit for the 10 LEDs if you want.

This is a custom-made circuit. There is no single IC to do it all. A microphone preamp IC could be connected to a programmed microcontroller that can do whatever you want. But it is two ICs.

I need 2 different circuits:
1. convertor :9v battery converting to 3v for LED, very simple.

Just use a current-limiting resistor. A 3V LED is 3V. Its max current is probably 30mA so connect a 240 ohms resistor in series with it and the 9V battery and its current will be limited to 25mA. A 270 ohm resistor instead will limit the current to 22.2mA.

2. very simple soundmeter for 4 or 5 or 6 LED with 9v power supply.

We have a simple Sound Level Meter project in our projects section:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/035/index.html but it doesn't work. All its LEDs are lighted all the time. I have a Sound Level Indicator project in our projects section that works very well but it is complicated.

Next time, please start your own thread. This thread is about modifying the Dancing LEDs project.