Electronics-Lab.com Community

AC adaptor help!

softmachine

Hey guys, hope you can help as I'm completely clueless about electronics!

I had an LED lamp shipped over from America to the UK. I tried just using a travel adaptor for the plug and the plug burnt out after switching it on.

I'm now looking for a UK plug for it. The details of the original AC adaptor are attached in the photos of it. If anyone could let me know what I need to buy, it'd be much appreciated! I don't know where to start looking!

A "travel adapter" is made to reduce the power to electrical hair dryers, not transformers.
The LED lamp might also be burned out.

Your transformer has a rated output of 12VAC, 1667mA. Get one with a primary winding to match the mains voltage in the UK (230VAC?) and a 12VAC, 2A secondary.

A "travel adapter" is made to reduce the power to electrical hair dryers, not transformers.
The LED lamp might also be burned out.

Your transformer has a rated output of 12VAC, 1667mA. Get one with a primary winding to match the mains voltage in the UK (230VAC?) and a 12VAC, 2A secondary.

Not to mention the frequency of the voltage is 50Hz in Europe and 60Hz in the USA.