Electronics-Lab.com Community

Help with isolated switch for hobby project

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I am wanting to build an isolated switch that I can kill the power to an electronic ignition module in an RC airplane. The main concern is noise being fed back into the Rx, so I was looking at maybe using something like an NEC PS2502-1 http://www.ncsd.necel.com/opto/english/pdf/PN10226EJ02V0DS.pdf that would optically isolate the two. Would that provide enough isolation from the ignition module power to the receiver? What I am wanting to do is use the PWM pulse from a switched channel n the transmitter to activate the relay to open the circuit and kill the power. I would like to have a constant on/switched off configuration so you wouldn't lose ignition power in flight. Also if anyone knows of an existing circuit design or have a schematic that I could use it would be much appreciated. Have worked with electronic gadgets for years and have a good understanding of basic theory but am over my head with component level stuff.

There are setups available but they all use remote boards connected by fiber cable for isolation, and having worked with fiber in an industrial setting not thrilled about the idea of having a fiber pacth cable in an airplane. Thanks for any help that may be offered.

Chris