Electronics-Lab.com Community

insect attach

To attach an insect to a spring, you need an adhesive that will bond to both surfaces.  Epoxy would be overkill since it will exceed the strength by orders of magnitude, and would take too long to cure as well.  Cyanoacrylate would be fast enough, but I have heard that it will partially dissolve the insect's body.  The best option is likely to be a double sided tape, like what is used for astro turf on patios.

As for the circuit- what to you want it to do?  Perhaps a microgenerator to harness the power of the insect?  A microphone to record the insect's sounds?

hi
sorry for problem about my english language.
audioguru  can u speaking persian language very good? no because this is my mother's  language. also i can't speak english very good. and i living in iran and iran have bad methods for teaching english language. but u living in country that have english language.
ok i want to talk about insects that attacking to human in summer time and spring time.
i have one circuit that is weak .
do u have any strong circuit for this subject?
%7Boption%7D

Hi Eplanet,
Sorry, I don't speak Persian. Iran is on the other side of the world from me. I have never been near Iran. Is there an electronics website in Iran?

Texas Instruments and other experts recommend a minimum value of 10k ohms for the oscillator resistor of the CD4047. Yours is 4.7k ohms and is less if you reduce the trimmer resitor's value. Use a 1nF capacitor and a 20k trimmer resistor instead.

If you are using the Motorola piezo tweeter then it should make strong high frequencies. Maybe their frequency is too high for you to hear.
If you are using an ordinary speaker then the transistors are overloaded and the speaker will make weak sound.

Look in Google at articles (Insect Repeller) about high frequencies and biting insects. Most articles say that high frequencies don't do anything.