Electronics-Lab.com Community

16 or 24 Cannel Gang Switch

I have to be able to control a speaker wall at my store and wish to build a gang switch to control high-current relays.

This is what I need... 

There will be a momentary button for each channel.  When I press I button, I need to make a pin on an IC go high (preferably 12v but I could get away with 5v) so I can trigger a high-current relay which will route the power signal to the connected speakers.
When I press another button, I need the first channel to turn off and the new channel to turn on...

Commercial speaker selectors can cost in excess of $10,000 so I'd like to avoid this if it can be built on perf board and put in a rack enclosure...

Thanks!
Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Still no ideas eh guys?

I figure the easiest way to do it will be to run relays off of a 74154...  I just need to figure out a way to input to the 4 inputs in such a way to trigger the correct output...

Or use a series of flip flops and having a button for every channel that I can send a reset to all other chips without resetting the one I need to stay active in the process..

Any ideas... again without programming???

Jay