Electronics-Lab.com Community

CD/MP3 player: added AC jack to DC battery connectors. Batts now won't work.

spacehg

Hello,

I have searched all search engines and can't find an answer to my question.

I have a Panasonic SL-SX480 portable CD/MP3 player that is DC only. It takes 2 AA batteries (1.5v for a total of 3v).

I added an AC power input jack by soldering the wires to the positive and negative DC power points on the circuit board (where the batteries connect).

I used a wallwart converter; the CD player wouldn't work at 3v, so I moved the switch to 4.5v and it works fine.

The problem is that now, it won't work with batteries anymore. I have thought about making a battery pack using three 1.5v AA batteries and plugging it into tho AC power input jack I added, but that would make it not as portable as before (if it'd even work).

How do I get the CD player to work with batteries again, and still keep the AC jack?

Sincerely,
Mike C.

Hello,

I have searched all search engines and can't find an answer to my question.

I have a Panasonic SL-SX480 portable CD/MP3 player that is DC only. It takes 2 AA batteries (1.5v for a total of 3v).

I added an AC power input jack by soldering the wires to the positive and negative DC power points on the circuit board (where the batteries connect).

I used a wallwart converter; the CD player wouldn't work at 3v, so I moved the switch to 4.5v and it works fine.

The problem is that now, it won't work with batteries anymore. I have thought about making a battery pack using three 1.5v AA batteries and plugging it into tho AC power input jack I added, but that would make it not as portable as before (if it'd even work).

How do I get the CD player to work with batteries again, and still keep the AC jack?

Sincerely,
Mike C.

you use a break type jack --when you unplg the adapter (wallwart at 4.5V DC), the internal batteries should connect thro the contact.  this techniques is used to cut off your speaker when you plug earphones.of course it is on audio output. same phylosophy can be follwed atinput supply also.

Sarma