Electronics-Lab.com Community

Electronic Gun !!!!!!!!!

shantanu

Every one might have blown a electrilytic capacitor.

Can't we make a gun out of it.

Visualise this...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAUTION!

All characters in this script are fictional. Resemblence with any person living or dead is purely coincidential. And the writer (I) is not responsible for any injuries that occur!!!

Dexter an ordinary boy is tortured by a big bully every day....
One dark stormy night while sleeping he woken up by a sudden crash. His dog, "Crash" crashed into something. Woken and disturbed crawles out of bed to see what has happened.
He opens the door and the view totaly freezez him. His dog has broken his father's jar of electrolytic capacitors. The dog is his responsibility so whatever he does dexter will be responsible .....

There he sees a 9V battery lying there. Playfully just connects on eof the capacitor to it...

BANG there goes the cap......

"Hey wait that gives me an idea" said Dexter..

Spending hold Night doing something with his own "Welding for kids Kit".

Next Sunny morning....

Tom the Bully sees dexter coming out of his school bus.....
fear in the eyes of students as they pass.....
but wait What's with dexter.... No fear.....

So the Bull Tom rages towards him. Leaps over im to bury him in the dirt.,, But is stopped in mid air.....  He sees dexter holding a what... Beretta 418.... This can't be will it be the end of his life.... Dexter reaches for his pocket and takes out a 2 9v batteries!!!!!

Inserting it at the rear of the gun points at Tom, his finger twitching presses the trigger....

A flash and a black thing with two electrodes fall besides dexter and

Hit in the chest... Tom feels intense pain, pressing his chest as if a bullet has ripped it apart.. feels the bullet ..... takes it out to see it before he blurs out....

A blue bullet what is this... shit.....

rotates It and is hit hard.....

He has been hit by a.... by a.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you say guys....

Is it possible.....

Shantanu

PS:
Sorry for that long story....

Hope you enjoy it......

Hi Shantanu,
Electrolytic capacitors have a vent on top to slowly release gasses that build up when the capacitor is connected with backwards polarity then has a high current.
With a very high current, the vent cannot release the gasses slowly so the capacitor explodes.

A 9V battery cannot provide a very high current. Maybe a battery made with series-connected AA Ni-Cad or Ni-MH cells would provide enough current for a backwards electrolytic capacitor to explode. Bad-smelling "fluff" comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

ha
funny story
speaking of capacitors, though, couldnt you charge a ceramic capacitor with a 9v so that it is charged up beyond 9vs and then fire? just considering that you dont really want to fire that rapidly.
or you could have a couple of capacitors charging up while you werent using it, and when you got into a more vicous battle you would have several shots saved up.
and speaking of the vents, wouldnt the explode at much less current if there were no vents? i was thinking you could heatshrink it
as far as a more complex and more efficient circuit, i have no idea. but if i thought about it a lot i think i could get the mechanics worked out

• 3 years later...

[i would not encourage children to develop high tech weaponry and would firmly discourage them from using them on themselves or others.]  I saw a project online once that took a page from the XREF taser shotgun rounds, concept.  It used pressurized air to propel a charged disposable camera capacitor, prongs first out of a simple barrel.  Interesting concept, though from what I read, the 330V would be far to little to achieve the taser effect.  That and I understand a specific waveform is needed to affect strictly skeletal muscle and not cardiac muscle.  Seems like a safety concern to me.

• 1 year later...

hello mrShantanu,
this a late reply coz im a newcomer here.
thats a good and bad idea, I think it could be used as an eye of an arrow that released it by its bow. the fully charged capacitor (exp: 2200mf50v more) put on the end of arrow with its end of two electrodes arranged closed as possible, so when it throw and touch on a critical flammable area or explosive material and electrode shorted and fire or explode will happen.

• 5 months later...