Electronics-Lab.com Community

National Stereo Radio Cassette Corder Repair guide.

Sirs,

Can any one help me tips for repair of National make Model No. mutilated form(not known), in which tape section works perfectly ok but radio section totally dead. I donot know exactly what to do, whether selector switch or Band selector switch or some other component gone bad, please advise .

Awaiting early reply,

regards,
Shamim_India.

On the PCB or somewhere you are likely to find model number-

otherwise, a set of radio and tape recorder circuit books are sold by M/s BPB in india and they used to have a shop in MG rad Bangalore.

alternately, the local Panasonic service centre at bangalore(bangaluru now) can perhaps handle the item for you

Atleat you might put a photo how the item looks like to be able to know its model number.

Sarma

Dear Mr. SVS Sarma,

I am very much thankful to you for the reply. I am at one with you. Accordingly, I have searched everywhere on the pcb or at the backside, but in vain. However, I can tell you that the radio section used the following ICs and I have already downloaded and have with me the datasheet. What i need is the functionality of the whole operations of selector mode switch, which only i can have it on the whole schematic.

The Circuit uses the following ICs in radio section:

LA 1185 + LA1260
BA 1332
Main AF Ampl: uses BA5406

I doubt whether the selector switch (Radio/Tape/Sleep) or band switch (FM/MW/SW1/SW2) has gone bad.

Are you staying at Banglore?

Please also advise where could I have the same and in which book, as you specified which is available in BPB publications. Since, you also belong to India, can u please help me. However, I am ready to pay for all that.

Thanks and regards,

Shamim_India.
====

Dear Mr. SVS Sarma,

I am very much thankful to you for the reply. I am at one with you. Accordingly, I have searched everywhere on the pcb or at the backside, but in vain. However, I can tell you that the radio section used the following ICs and I have already downloaded and have with me the datasheet. What i need is the functionality of the whole operations of selector mode switch, which only i can have it on the whole schematic.

LA 1185 + LA1260
BA 1332

I doubt whether the selector switch (Radio/Tape/Sleep) or band switch (FM/MW/SW1/SW2) has gone bad.

Please also advise where could I have the same and in which book, as you specified which is available in BPB publications. Since, you also belong to India, can u please help me. However, I am ready to pay for all that.

Thanks and regards,

Shamim_India.

Hi Shamim jee,

As you rightly told the wires comming from the radio-tape sleep switch can be traced and (thinking that battery is switched) the radio position wire coud have been wrongly placed by any other service or by the owner- by mistake. while the sleep wire will go to the Tape motor. 

So I feel if you trace with a Multimeter the voltage on the Vcc pin of radio IC wet ground- and see the correct location of the wire coming from the radio-tape-sleep switch.

In case a flat cable is hand wired or plugged from the switch concerned, --there may be a wire loose conn or print break just below the concerned wire.

we may have to handle the situation coolly by considering a  nearest comparable schematic--
now that you have told the ICs used let me see--

sir appearantly , how old is the 2 IN one?
you cam mail me also
Sarma

====

Dear Mr. SVS Sarma,

LA 1185 + LA1260
BA 1332

Thanks and regards,

Shamim_India.
====

please see the photo whether RX 5030 tallies

Sarma
at Hyderabad