Electronics-Lab.com Community

AC signal for water level monitoring

I am using simple metalic probes for water level monitoring now.using AC will prevent electrolysis of probes.any one can suggest the method for this.also help me with conditioning the ac signal to dc voltage to use with logic circuits.
                              will this circuit in the attachement will of any use...please see.

I am using simple metalic probes for water level monitoring now.using AC will prevent electrolysis of probes.

What? Electrolysis? You mean electrolytic corrosion? No way, it always happen. You should use some good metal rods for this, like chrome-vanadium. like scrap screwdrivers. And low sense voltage, wich is amplified for desired level for your application. And i don't see any measuring circuit, that circuit is just a base for some audio peak detectors.

This might be something like you are looking for, for detector i mean?
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/sensors/027/index.html

There's an idea of water level detector, uses DC and no worry of corroding because of VERY low voltage and when using durable metal rods.

i have a better circuit zombie,  for water level monitoring .please search for "water level monitor for pumps" in the forum posted by myself...and practicaly it is not possible to fabricate screw driver like things for electrode.how will u connect wires to it dude....
                            if u use dc signal it will corrode anyway.i am saying this from experience .i used stainless steel.but in two months the positive elctrode thinned out.
                          the circuit i posted is not a level detector.its a fullwave opamp rectifier,and it is possible to use AC signal for detection,only thing is iam not sure about how it is implemented in my water level controller using logic gates......