Electronics-Lab.com Community

Digital Cable Modem Help

petersnik

I have recently been having problems with my cable modem. I have a router, but it is not the cause of the problem, because I have connected straight to the modem and have found that this must be where the problem can be tracked from. Here is the problem: My internet will be up, I can surf the web/check mail/do small things...but when I try to play an online game, or watch a video the internet stops working, and I have to restart my pc for it to come back online. (It has only just started doing this in the past week or two...and I have had the same modem and internet provider for 2 years) My cable company came out just about 3 days ago to check it out...they said nothing was wrong.(Obviously they are wrong sleep.gif) I went on the modem's manufacturer website, and found my modem...it is a discontinued product. Could this be the cause of my problem. Or could it possibly be that since it is so old, it can no longer handle the higher quality(and more power) the games require as they update? {Basically: Internet works;I get on game; It disconnects; I restart computer; it works}

Update:
Also, its not just a certain game doing it. Basically any game that requires to be downloaded and then played does it. I have tried playing FiestaOnline, SoldierFront, Gunz, CombatArms, and playing youtube videos. All of these disconnect. With Fiesta I randomly disconnect, but I have noticed I d/c right around the last round in Gunz,SF,and Combat Arms.

Heres some more info guys. Modem Info: Motorola SURFboard sb4100

Hope this helps. Thanks for helping me

schoolies accommodation
REAL ESTATE MILLIONAIRE NOW