Electronics-Lab.com Community

Transmitting video on radio FM band

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a way to transmit video on a long range, 15-20km (10 miles) ; I need this for a UAV project, or model aircraft with a onboard Tv camera.
But I found only too expensive or too heavy materials.
When I saw this :

http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/rf/001/index.html

I thought, maybe I can plug the video RCA from the onbard camera instead of a microphone, and use a simple FM receiver plug on my AV enter from my TV.

So there is my question : can I use this transmitter for a Tv camera ? is there enough bandwidth on the FM radio band ? do you know an other easy schematic, for video transmitting with enough power ?

Thanks you !  :D

PS : Sorry for misspellings, I am foreigner  :-[

Thank for your answer.
If I understood, I need an AM transmitter, working on a higher band (around 200MHz, TV band) and in this way I can use a conventionnal TV with his tuner to receive the signal.

But I have little knowledge in electronics, how I can modify the schematic for this use ?

If I understood, I need an AM transmitter, working on a higher band (around 200MHz, TV band) and in this way I can use a conventionnal TV with his tuner to receive the signal.

But I have little knowledge in electronics, how I can modify the schematic for this use ?

I have little knowledge in mechanics. How can I modify my cheap bicycle to make it into a luxury car?

The very old Greek FM transmitter circuit is completely different to a modern TV video transmitter circuit.

Wow, the difference between a simple audio transmitter and a video transmitter is so large ?
Hum, maybe I have to find another solution for the onboard camera.

One last question : if I want to increase the frequency on the FM transmitter (more than 108mhz), I have to change only few components (adjustable capacitor, coils) or this is too complicated ?

Thanks again for your time  ;D

Yes you do have to find another solutaion for your video transmitter.

You're right, that you can alter the frequency of an FM transmitter by changing the value of the capacitor and inductor but when the frequency approaches the transistor's transition frequency you need a faster transistor.

Ok, thank you audioguru and Hero999 for your advises.
I found something, a TV transmitter kit (UHF) :
http://www.ermes.free.fr/kier134.pdf (the documentation probably doesn't exist in english, sorry).
Maybe I will try this and see if with a signal amplifier I can reach my expected range.