Electronics-Lab.com Community

0-30V Stabilized Power Supply

redwire

I have 60VA transformator (230 / 22VAC - 2,8A). Is that enough for original regulated power supply ( here )? How many ampers fuse I need for that transoformator on primar side?
Thanks.

A 22V transformer will allow a 23VDC output at max current. Use a bigger main filter capacitor because the original one is much too small.
a 2.8A transformer will be overloaded when the output of the project is more than 2ADC.

Hi Corsa,   Here is the pcb in EAGLE for the board at the top of the thread.  It is a double sided board because I had it produced at a professional shop.   It is somewhat of a challenge to build double sided boards at home.

Note that D2 and D3 need to be filled with a 1N4148 and D7 is not used for the latest version.

Good luck

EDIT:  After opening board file in Eagle,  hit Ratsnet to fill ground plane under R7

PS-6.rar

Hi Corsa,   Here is the pcb in EAGLE for the board at the top of the thread.  It is a double sided board because I had it produced at a professional shop.   It is somewhat of a challenge to build double sided boards at home.

Note that D2 and D3 need to be filled with a 1N4148 and D7 is not used for the latest version.

Good luck

Hello redwire, thanks a lot for this!! I'm looking for this a long time ago  ;D
In really, this is not easy to make on home, i think... hehe
I will try  8)

Corsa,  you may be able to use the Eagle file I posted to change the double sided pcb to a single sided board.  This may require some jumper wires.    Note that some of the traces are quite wide to handle large currents.  Most are not.    If you don't want to create your own pcb send me a PM.

hi
what are the things to be checked before connecting  the circuit to load...
and i have used only 24volts 3amps transformer what will be the maximum power delivered to the output ???

The original circuit uses a 24V/3A transformer. Its max output is about 23VDC at 4.2A but the transformer will be overloaded very much.

The transformer is rated at only 24V x 3A= 72VA.
The original circuit is not calibrated properly to limit the current to 3A.
The unregulated voltage is 34VDC and the transformer is trying to supply 34V x 4.2A= 143VA.

The current should be limited to 72VA/34V= 2.1A then the transformer will be operating at its max rating. The max output voltage at 2.1A will be about 26VDC. 

my psu seems to be not working there is no voltage  variation and i have used tle2141 opamps....what should i do.... ??? :( the led is glowing without any load....
i have posted the circuit diagram and the pcb made by me...

U3 turns on the LED and makes the output voltage as low as 0V.
With a 10M input resistance meter, measure its input voltages with the current pot set to max and no load. Use the negative wire of C1 for the negative meter lead.

Hi Karthikeid,
The current adjust pot should have a max voltage of only +1.7V so your +4.7V is much too high. It comes through a voltage divider from the output of U1 which should be +11.2V. Measure it.

But the LED should not light because the output of U3 should be high. Measure it.
Also measure the voltage at C1.

Which version of the circuit did you make?

post-1706-14279144008527_thumb.png