Electronics-Lab.com Community

i need help in my Power Electronic project

savage67

i have a 1500 W load and 500W PV panel. I use grid to supply my load by the aid of 400V output Partial switcing converter.

I want to use my PV panels and not to pay for extra energy i have to design a grid cooperated system.

i know that i need a MPPT which has a 400V output. I don't know how to design a boost type MPPT and how to connect it to LOAD input after the designing a MPPT.

Assuming that; i designed a MPPT with 400V output , what must i do after. Directly connection it to load? If a regulation problem occurs at output of PFC or MPPT  what will do? Is there any dc to dc connection methode?
Could you please help me in killing my troubles.
Thanks.

• 2 months later...

you do not require an MPPT, an MPPT is a device used to maximise the efficiency of the battery/solar panel charge circuit, what need apart from an MPPt if you choose to use one (the cost generally outweighs the benefits but its on my projects to do list) is a grid tied inverters. In the uk it is illegal to use these devices unless they are approved by your local electricity supplier, this rules out homemade designs unless your going to go through aproval process costing many more times than a simple comercial 400 W grid tie inverter. The bottom line: buy one if you so wish in accordance with your power supplier.

the other option is a large battery (mine will hold up to 1.25 Kw but then its only 40W panels) and a 1.5 KW inverter, you will have to switch from the inverter back to the grid when the battery goes flat, this is far more economical and simpler a solution