Electronics-Lab.com Community

Recommendations for a good soldering staition

Rob K

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have worked in the offshore electronics industry in various capacities for many years. When working in a manufacturing/testing/repair facility, the company used Weller soldering stations. I want to buy a decent quality soldering station for a variety of electronics jobs at home, and need something that is ESD safe, and has a temperature-controlled facility.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any alternatives to a Weller that are good quality, and a reasonable price? I have been browsing the web for articles, and come up with the name AOYUE.  There are a few favourable comments about them, but I would like a wider opinion. Does anyone have any favourites (and why?) for a good quality soldering station that is ESD safe and temp-controlled, either from Aoyue, or any other manufacturers?

Cheers,

Rob

Cheers,

Rob

Hello Rob K
and welcome to the form.

I look at the replacement price for tips when I buy a soldering iron and availability.
I bought the ZD 929C on this page along with ten extra tips about a year ago and haven't had a problem with  it yet.
http://www.mpja.com/productsdirect.asp?dept=480&main=79&item1=15860+TL&item2=15845+TL&item3=15140+TL&item4=15141+TL&item5=17204+TL
  Not a bad investment plus there are different size tips and a surface mount adapter for it too.
                                                  have fun
                                                  gogo

• 11 months later...