Electronics-Lab.com Community

ELECTRONIC FAUCET

Please don't ask the same question more than once, I deleted your other post. Please refer to the forum policy regarding duplicate threads.
http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=19562.0

What's an electronic faucet?

I had to Google it and am still none the wiser.

A shower head or tap with LEDs that change colour from red to green when the water is too hot/cold?

A tap which turns on automatically when you put your hand near?

http://www.google.co.uk/products?client=opera&rls=en&q=ELECTRONIC+FAUCET&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=N-iQS4i8NoPw0gSBpYDjDA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCYQrQQwAg

I assume the automatic tap uses a PIR sensor which detects the IR energy emitted from you hand and a shower head with LEDs uses a temperature sensor.

The ones I use works off a pir sensor, that hooks up to a timer circuit, that hooks up to a electronic relay, that controls a fluid valve. The fluid valve is the most expensive part.
                                                          gogo

thank you for your replies.
i asked about electronic facets . it seems that i should express my question clearly.
it's here:
what happens exactly when i place my hand under electronic eye ?
and how does a fluid valve works ?
please answer in details .
regards. ???

I think I know what you're saying a 'faucet' is US for tap?

An electronic eye is something which detects the presence of your hands?

The detcetor can be a PIR sensor, which detects the IR radiation emitted by your hands, as I said above, an IR beam which gets broken when it's obscured by your hands or a capacitive sensor which senses the change in capacitance of some burred electrodes when your hands are near.

The valve is normally operated by a solenoid and there are lots of different types of valves but I don't know what type would be used to operate a tap.