Electronics-Lab.com Community

Advanced Battery Technologies

stube40

I've recently been doing some work with lead-acid batteries. As most of you know, these things are nuts in terms of the amount of power they can deliver - effectively they are a power supply that can deliver hundreds of amps in a small space of time. The upper limit is only defined by the limits of the chemical equation going on inside, coupled with the melting point of the matterials used to make the battery.

I'm wondering if there's any existing or new battery technologies that have an inherently more stable chemical equation that results in some sort of integral virtual current limiting or current control?

It's been a while since my high-school chemistry lessons, but maybe there are some chemical equations that cannot be speeded up? The assumption here is that the speed at which the chemical equation takes place is proportional to the power delivery.

Can anyone can shed any light on this?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Try calcium ?

A calcium battery?? Lithium-polymer is much better.
Since you are talking about calcium, when I was a teenager I became crippled. I could barely walk and could not run fast anymore. The doctor chopped off a calcium deposit on a bone in my ankle and then I was fine. The scar is barely visible.
[move] ;D ;D ;D[/move]