Electronics-Lab.com Community

plotter for pavement

Hello everyone

The moment is that one of our client wants to automate the process of drawing pictures on the pavement.

We assemble servo drive solutions for different branches. We know how we could drive some device which could print a picture but we have absolutely no idea what device could print on the paving tile, asphalt

An area is differ from 1m x 1m up to 5m x 5x. I don't think that pixel will do the job. Probably better to print with "big drops". But I don't know where I could find this printer.

Someone propose me to use high speed jet printerhead. But I don't image to print pixels on the asphalt area 3m x 3m. ... The cost of inks, the productivity, cleaning machine ...

I believe a device of this type would be possible, but expensive to operate.  It looks like you'd be using multiple pens.  Creating a cartesian coordinate linear actuator system will be the easy part.  Processing and managing the pens will be the real burden of design.  I know of some software that is available for multiple actuator systems as well as a compatible integrated circuit that is quite affordable or even readily available as salvage.  I strongly suspect you will need to write a program to translate the images into function for your system though.  Do you have any background in programming?

Why not to drop inks through the jets? We could use quick response solenoid to control inks.

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.7100150cebe5bbc2d6806710237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=f5c9b5bbec622110VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=EN&vgnextdiv=&vgnextcatid=2887383&vgnextcat=SOLENOID++VALVES&Wtky=VALVES

About our skills in programming
Our electronic engineer have some skills in programming. But I don't think that he is really expert in it.