Electronics-Lab.com Community

1958 Hifi play MP3 - Can it be done ????.

twedspeed

HI , Just joined the forum and not sure where to post this ...
This is an old 1958 SEEBURG wall box , that I picked up on E-Bay a few years ba
ck , I originally held out plans of finding an old juke box to which I could connect it , but the only compatable ones are very rare and very expensive - I do like it as an ornament - But it could be so much more - All the selecter buttons still work , Is there anyway these buttons impulses could be teamed up to a modern I-pod or somthing like that - I know its a big project and I,m way out of my depth here, but it would be so nice to make it more than just an ornament .
Can anyone direct me to somebody who may be able to advise me further on this matter .
Thank you Chris.

post-57062-14279144227259_thumb.jpg

post-57062-14279144227454_thumb.jpg

post-57062-14279144227661_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hero & Arun,
  Thanks very much for your input and I have looked into that "interaction" problem and the whole I-Pod idea may be a bit too ambitious - However someone suggested connecting the wall box to a remote CD jukebox - This might be a better Idea simply because theres plenty of used CD jukeboxes for sale at the moment, as pubs & bars are replacing them with digital music formats,  (and lets face it CD jukeboxes are never gonna be as collectable as an old wurlitzer) -
So its now a question of getting 1960,s tech to interact with 1980,s tech any thoughts . ??.