Electronics-Lab.com Community

A Quick Question For Me To Get Started

tumberi

Hi, everyone.

This is my first post, and I'm posting here to get a quick help.

I have a simple USB product idea that utilizes Windows API library. I want to outsource its design (circuitry) and its programming on elance.com.

The problem is I don't know what kind of profession I have to hire. Before I've hired CAD modeler for a basic cosmetic product. But this time, I don't know if I have to hire a programmer, industrial designer, or electronic designer(?) or all of them. Since I don't know which one to hire, I'm having difficult time finding an expert to have some consultation to develop the product.

I know this is a forum for an electronic enthusiast. So I came here to at least get some direction on which way to go.

Hopefully I'm not being rude or anything by posting this question.

Thank you.

Tumberi

Hello tumberi
Welcome to the form.
  The thing is we don't have an idea on what your trying to do, maybe if you give us some clues we can feed into our crystal balls, we could tell you every thing you need to know. dose it involve a micro-controller a lot of electronic parts and some kind of input device or output device. dose it fly around and chase cats ( if it dose I want one ) just stuff we need to know so we can help ya.
                                  have fun gogo

Hey gogo2520,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry if my question was vague. As you can see, I'm pretty ignorant in electronic department.

So what I'm trying to achieve is fairly simple.

A simple usb product that connects to the computer. It'll have a few buttons nothing complicated. Then once the button is pressed, it'll execute programs on the computer. I'm not trying to execute anything complicated. Just something that will utilize the Windows API library.

Think of it as hot keys in your keyboard but made it into a usb product.

Thank you.