Electronics-Lab.com Community

PCB for a CubeSat, one kg, one cubic decimeter demonstrative satellite

sirius

Printed Circuit Board for a CubeSat, one kg, one cubic decimeter demonstrative satellite

I have to fabricate the double sided PCB of a Cubesat power control and distribution unit similar to this one.

Question: Is it possible to make the PCB home using the photoresist method or the components are too tiny and traces too thin for this method to work?

P.S.: I would like an answer especially from somebody who really has a large hands-on experience, not just theoretical knowledge.

Hello
    It could be done with photo-resist, the sonics are small but the traces are still about 8 to 12 mils no big deal. The problem is th art work.  you would have to redraw it and print it out without the components showing.
  have fun
  gogo
    oh and that will be a hundred dollars for my advice, got any more insults you want to through at us

It's impossible to answer the question with 100% confidence as there's no scale on either of the images.

The address I mentioned reads like this:
"Power control and distribution card for ROBUSTA cubesat
Full schematics, list of components and ready designed PCB

The full schematics, list of components and a ready designed PCB of a relatively cheap and simple to realize power control and distribution card for cubesats, is: ..."

If you open the address, in its links you will find everything related to size, including the packages used for each component or IC.

The problem is th art work.  you would have to redraw it and print it out without the components showing. ... and that will be a hundred dollars for my advice, got any more insults you want to through at us

The board (power card) I have to make is similar to the one I presented but not a 100% replica. Anyway I have to redesign the PCB. However, I will keep most of ICs.