Electronics-Lab.com Community

Need Cross Reference For FQU1N60C Mosfet

Guest Digonto

Guest Digonto

Hello Hero and Audioguru,
I have a GADMEI External TV Card which has a adapter of 5V 800mA Output and 230V 40mA Input . But this adapter has burnt out . I found that FQU1N60C (Fairchild semiconductor) Mosfet has been damaged . After searching my market I found P2N60FI (ST Semiconductor) Mosfet - but not 1N60C .  :(

Can I use this P2N60FI instead of FQU1N60C for my adapter ?  ??? Will it be OK ?  ???

I've no idea because I can't find a datasheet for the P2N60FI.

Finding a datasheet for the FQU1N60C was easy. I suspect you can replace it with a MOSFET with similar or better characteristics but it still might not work because other components might have been damaged. Are you sure it's just the MOSFET which is broken?
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FQ/FQU1N60C.pdf

Why not simply replace the adaptor? It's not like they're expensive?

Guest Digonto

Firstly thanks for your reply .

And Sorry Hero ... that is my mistake  :( The Correct Parts Number is STP2N60FI And yes you are right - Input Fusing Resistor (1.5 ohms) and Choke have blown out for damaging the MOSFET . I have checked the other parts - Resistor, Electrolytic & Mylar, Silicon & Crystal Diode , C1815 transistor and Chopper are OK .

A new adapter Cost is 400 Rupees and MOSFET cost is 35 Rupees . So, I am thinking to repair the adapter .

I am attaching the PDF File of STP2N60FI below . Please have a look and plz tell me will it be OK ?  ???

Thanks Hero for your reply .

STP2N60FI.pdf

Guest Digonto

Ooooopsss........ !! May be yes .... may be no .... !! ??? I don't know .  ??? MOSFET Substitution is really hard ..... man ... !! My head is spinning  :-[ I am mentioning some parameters below :

Parameters----------------------------- FQU1N60C ------------STP2N60FI ------------- STP4N150

Drain-Source Voltage ------------------------ 600 V ---------------- 600 V ------------------- 1500 V
Drain-Gate Voltage -------------------------- 600 V ---------------- 600 V ------------------- 1500 V
Gate-source Voltage -------------------------

STP4N150.pdf

As I said previously there's a problem with your substitution before you even look at the electrical specification. The package styles of the transistors you've linked to are different to the FQU1N60C which is designed to use a copper plane on the PCB as a heat sink.

Guest Digonto

But Hero, may be you are talking about FQD type, not FQU . FQD is designed to lie down on the copper plane of the PCB but FQU is not designed to lie down on the PCB .

Please watch this PDF for FQD type and FQU type .

FQU1N60C.pdf