Electronics-Lab.com Community

Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture

spur

• 2 weeks later...

... Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications. ...

If you Google "soil moisture sensor nslu2" you'll find a project I made for my garden. The system has been dismantled because I moved to a new property, but I'm about to reinstall it again and do some temperature compensation to get a more precise reading. I'm using Debian, OWFS and rrdtool to create some nice looking graphs.

Hi,
Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications.

thanks guys.

One of the most amazing uses of electronics in farming to me is the real-time control of fertilizer delivery and planting based on variations of soil conditions and GPS location over a field.

Ken