Electronics-Lab.com Community

Function Generator Simulation (Need Help)

Hello Friends,

I want to design a function Generator which can generate the frequency in audible range ( 20Hz - 20KHz). I have downloaded the schematic from a website and Now before I proceed towards my project. I want to test it on my computer using simulation program.

I am using TINA (Toolkit Interactive Network analysis) for Simulation of my schematic.

But I am Getting no output at the output end.

So, Guys I need your help to make my project possible.
Plz help me.  :(  :-[

I have uploaded my schematic (.TSC) please review it and give me any way to get ride over my problem. :'(

Thank you In advance. :)

mini_osc_using_tl062_second.zip

The original circuit uses both opamps in each TL062 dual opamp.
But your circuit uses only one opamp in each TL062 dual opamp.
One TL064 quad opamp could also be used.

The original circuit is powered from the 9V battery at the right side of the schematic.
But your circuit has the 9V battery and the important supply bypass capacitors doing nothing because you are powering it from two 18V supplies.

Thankyou...Its Really Fantastic !!!!

Finally I am Going to Design it.........Thakyou AudioGuru.

But Still I have an another problem with me......I am going to design a variable power supply 0-30v using LM723.

I am not Getting the proper output !!!

I have uploaded the Picture of my schematic !!!

Plz Help me.......

post-77981-14279144436525_thumb.jpg

The original circuit uses both opamps in each TL062 dual opamp.
But your circuit uses only one opamp in each TL062 dual opamp.
One TL064 quad opamp could also be used.

The original circuit is powered from the 9V battery at the right side of the schematic.
But your circuit has the 9V battery and the important supply bypass capacitors doing nothing because you are powering it from two 18V supplies.

Actually, The Program which I am using for simulation have TL062  in its Library with Single OP amp......Thats why I use 4 op-amp.

and The mistake which I had done in right side of my schematics......that I have modified and make it correct.

Anyway thanks for support  :-*

So, Can u Give me any modified latest schematic for power supply

My Requirement is

Variable Voltage Output = 0- 30 V
Variable Current output =  0-2/3A

Actually, I had decided to make the Circuit shown in below post :-

http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/001/index.html

But, When I went to market (Lajpat Rai market, New Delhi) to purchase Component, Then I didn't found MC34072 Dual opamp.

and I stoped the project,

So, Can you Give me the any other schematic whose component are available in market or any Other IC equivalent to MC34071

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I still did not understand..... That

Current is depend on load resistance.  by changing the Load Resistance only the current can be controlled.

Can you tell me, How we are controlling the current here ?

How we get the desired current output independently to load resistance here in the circuit ?

I am completely unknown from this fact.

Plz..  ???

The maximum amount of output current is adjusted with the current regulation pot.
When the output current tries to exceed the setting of the current regulation pot then the output voltage is reduced until the current is what was set.

Example: Set the current regulation pot for a max current of 2A. Set the output voltage to 20V.
Now if the load resistance is 10 ohms, 2A will flow and the output will remain at 20V.
If the load is 8 ohms then the output voltage will be reduced to 16V.
if the load is 1 ohm then the output voltage will be reduced to 2V.

your answer take me to 2 different confusion...

1st
if the load resistance is 20ohm , then how 40v will flow through the load, so the maximum limit of Vout is just 30v.

2nd
if the circuit will do like this then how we will get our desired Vout at the o/p end, in this manner only one thing can be controlled by us voltage or current ?

Plz...

1) if the load resistance is 20ohm, then how 40v will flow through the load, so the maximum limit of Vout is just 30v.

It is not a generator, it is a 30V max power supply.
If the voltage is set to 30V, the max current regulation is set to 1.5A or more and it has a 20 ohm load then the current is 30V/20 ohms= 1.5A. The output voltage cannot exceed 30V.

2) if the circuit will do like this then how we will get our desired Vout at the o/p end, in this manner only one thing can be controlled by us voltage or current?

You set the voltage up to 30V then you set the maximum output current up to 3A. When the output current tries to exceed the current setting then the output voltage is reduced until the current is what is the setting.

thankyou audio guru....I have made a power supply using LM723.....I am a beginner right now...thats why I made this simple power supply and working fine for me...

Some pics of my power supply Is here :

17022012025.jpg

[img width=680 height=510]

[img width=680 height=510]

and finally Circuit Diagram :

[img width=680 height=466]

Hows Its