Electronics-Lab.com Community

Function Generator Simulation (Need Help)

Why bother making your own power supply if you do it badly? You can probably get a crappy cheap Chinese power supply off ebay for much less than it cost for all of the parts and it'll be much more reliable too.

You'll be lucky if it doesn't catch fire or electrocute you.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Don't Think Like a little baby ....Hero
I have tested it upto 4 hour of continuous in ON condition with a 500ohm of Load resistance.

Its was working fine for me
I am just using 1 amp of transformaer....but I can Handle upto 20A of current and 1 amp is nothing as compare to 20A.

Thats why Its will never catches fire at 1A

Its Just Looking like mess but I have made some fan funcation also to keep the heat sink cool.

I didn't go for ebay shop because I have to submit this project in my college as my Peoject......

I had to made this project with my hand...thats why I did not go for ebay shop.

anyway Thanks for suggestion..... !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

If you expect good marks then you should build it properly. I recommend calling this the first prototype then building it again more neatly.

It's not just a fire risk but a shock hazard too. The cables are so poorly soldered a live mains wire could easily break off and touch the case causing it to float at mains potential.

Where's the mains earth connection?

If you've not got one it's doubly dangerous and if you have then it could easily break off.

Both parts of the case should be connected to mains earth/ground with a longer wire than the live and neutral so it's the last to break if the mains cable is pulled out.

Where's the mains fuse?

Fine, it hopefully won't catch fire if it's working properly but what if there's a short circuit? The wires could heat up, causing smoke and fire. This is much more likely to happen as you've constructed it so poorly.

There should be a mains fuse on the primary of the transformer and it's also a good idea to put one on the secondary side too. Then if there's a short circuit it won't catch fire. In this case the fuse should be slow blow and 1.5 times the fully loaded current taken by the transformer.

If you expect good marks then you should build it properly. I recommend calling this the first prototype then building it again more neatly.

It's not just a fire risk but a shock hazard too. The cables are so poorly soldered a live mains wire could easily break off and touch the case causing it to float at mains potential.

Where's the mains earth connection?

If you've not got one it's doubly dangerous and if you have then it could easily break off.

Both parts of the case should be connected to mains earth/ground with a longer wire than the live and neutral so it's the last to break if the mains cable is pulled out.

Where's the mains fuse?

Fine, it hopefully won't catch fire if it's working properly but what if there's a short circuit? The wires could heat up, causing smoke and fire. This is much more likely to happen as you've constructed it so poorly.

There should be a mains fuse on the primary of the transformer and it's also a good idea to put one on the secondary side too. Then if there's a short circuit it won't catch fire. In this case the fuse should be slow blow and 1.5 times the fully loaded current taken by the transformer.

Thanks Buddy.....For your Great suggestion, So, I will really work on your advice about power wiring + primary as well as secondary fuse + make the PCB more Neat and this time I gonna design it with a big chassis as it now....

Thanks buddy...again for your Great advice......  :D :D :D :D :) ;)

• 4 years later...