Electronics-Lab.com Community

Help for an Infrared Board Camera...940nm

Hi...after spending many hours searching the web and sites etc I found this site and wonder if somebody here can offer some information...?
I want to build an Infrared Board Camera (940nm)...but there are some things I need to understand first,such as is the IR filter on the lens or pcb board ? Some filters also only apply to 850nm and the lens can`t see 940nm so it`s not easy for me...is the filter on the pcb board ? ...what`s the difference with all the types of pcb boards there are ? i.e,can I use any camera board and place a lens on it ? I don`t suppose so but these are just some of the questions I want to ask and find answers for.
Of course, I could just buy the ready made board camera and be done with it but I`m beginning to become interested in electronics and video etc and would like to understand the subject enough to make my own board camera...I expect to make a few mistakes but that`s ok...as long as I`m learning along the right path.
What I think are the components are :- IR lens with the right filtration,the right pcb board,leads and power supply...
I hope you can help point me to where I may find these answers.
Thanks,
Hennity Step  :)