Electronics-Lab.com Community

Samsung CT-21MIG MJ TV (vertical line problem)

cdi_1020

Good day everybody! I had been tinkering an old Samsung TV that has a vertical line problem on the rightmost part of the screen, stretched about 3 inch in size and dark in color. Upon visual inspection on its chassis, I found a burnt resistor (R414). I had replaced the burnt resistor with the same value per schematic diagram but the resistor keeps on blowing.

What seems to be the problem?
Thanks in advance... :(

Additional Info:
R414 has a value of 15K ohms and is series connected to the Horiz. Output Trans via a ceramic capacitor or a tantalum (NOT SURE what type of capacitor) CR404S with a value of 681/2KV going back the the jungle ic pin # 34 marked S-Castle.

Questions:
1. Anyone knows what type of capacitor is CR404S and how to check this type of capacitor?

2. What does S-Castle mean?

3a. I find it more convenient to disconnect or detach first the wires and connectors going to the deflection yoke, 2nd anode etc. prior to  performing resistance checks on components.

3b. Is it ok to perform in circuit voltage checking on components even when the connection to the deflection yoke,  degausing circuit and flyback 2nd anode has been hang or detach?

4. would there be no damage to components resulting on these testing procedure?

Pls. help....