Electronics-Lab.com Community

Infrared project question - how to reduce illumination

cornbuzzer

I am looking for a way to add IR illumination to the inside of a birdhouse.  The little camera I bought can't see much in that darkness.

I am looking at the project "DIY Infrared Illuminator" (http://www.electronics-lab.com/blog/?p=5973).  I am afraid that this would be much too bright, so am wondering 2 things:  is there another project that I am not finding that isn't as bright, or is there an easy way to just use fewer LEDs in this project...  If the later is possible, I need help as my knowledge level doesn't go much past soldering...

So, in this particular project, can I just install 6 or 12 (instead of all 24) LEDs?  Do I then use just 2 or 4 of the resistors?  Where are they connected?  And what then do the power requirements change to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

So, in this particular project, can I just install 6 or 12 (instead of all 24) LEDs?  

Of course you can. Why would you think otherwise?

Do I then use just 2 or 4 of the resistors?  Where are they connected?  And what then do the power requirements change to?

What do you think?