Electronics-Lab.com Community

Capacitors

BC548

Other than electrolytic and ceramic, there are a number of different types of capacitors. Polyester film.
Stacked polyester film. Mylar and polystyrene, to name a few. Curious as to what the differences would be when determining which one to choose for a particular project? I'm assuming certain ones do certain things better.

Yes, there are a lot of flashing ads here. There is also a lot of SPAM until a moderator comes and cleans them out. Many nOObs come here to say things that are wrong.

Many projects here did not work until I fixed them. I have not been here for a long time so there are probably many new defective projects.

12 views.... But I now see all the posts are old. Obviously not worth all the flashing ads I'm assaulted with. For anyone in the future that comes along, no need to bother. I won't be coming back here. 

Perhaps you've not received any replies because your question is so vague? How are we supposed to know what sort of capacitor is uitable for your project when we don't know what it is?

• 5 months later...
Guest MonkeyGate

Generally its a matter of personal preference but, like ceramic capacitors are generally much less tolerant than polyfilm ones.  You wouldn''t want to use a ceramic or poly cap in a high power circuit, and you wouldn't want to use an electrolytic cap in a dedicated surge protector.  Where it kind of seems like common sense, it really isn't.  your answer is .....  study your different kinds of caps. They each have a special purpose. most are not considered compatible outside of that purpose.

• 4 months later...
Guest Johnsteave7

you should be decided which one is best for your upcoming project and for gain better power solution. I’m  recommending you but perhaps you could check out http://actpcb.com/pcb-calculator this for your better project work

Thanks!!!!