Electronics-Lab.com Community

Pulsing Strobes to Sound via a SPECIFIC Frequency Range

Guest psionicsin

Guest psionicsin

Hi guys. How's it going?

I tried searching, but maybe I'm just not familiar with the term so here goes...

Could any one of you guide me on how to create a sound sensitive strobe array that pulses when triggered by a certain frequency range (Say 180 Hz and below)?

My dance group has a performance in July. We have a small stage built, a 12ft diametter semi-circle that's about a 1.5ft high, and plan to place strobe units on the outer rim, and on top aimed towards the center of the stage at about an 80°-75° angle.

The song, being a more recent pop song, has a kick drum that hits at about 180-200 Hz. We want to be able to have the lights on the manufactured stage to flash with every hit of the kick drum until we turn it off. This manufactured stage will sit on an actual stage in a performance theater. This theater has theater type speakers with a pretty good and loud sound output. Those speakers will be the only source f the signal. And nothing but the small stage piece we build is able to be tampered with.

Is this possible? If yes, what should I tell my electronic person to get him in the right direction?