Electronics-Lab.com Community

Accessing the memory of a ink cartridge chip

Guest Emperor Zoran

Guest Emperor Zoran

I want access the memory of a ink cartridge chip and restart the ink level and some other variables. Does anyone know how that can be done? It would be preferable to access the cartridge with a computer. What cable connection should I use and what software? I am presuming that some additional electronic circuitry is necessary to make connection with a computer. I would be wary tankful for any assistance. If anyone has ever done this I would like to know there own solution. At the moment I am working on a Lexmark T650n  printer and it's ink cartridge. I could find in the maintenance settings page count reset but that does not effect the ink level.

• 2 weeks later...

Guest ivorcadiramen

Would suggest you google and ask about refilling ink cartridges.
I have a HP deskjet and I went into Google and asked for instructions on refilling the specific ink cartridge. Along with the instructions, they also told me how to reset the ink level indicator.
Hope this helps as this would be the easiest rather than finding cables, dismantling the cartridge etc.