Electronics-Lab.com Community

a site that post different components but functionally are almost identical

so i need 4 1N4004 diodes but all i got are 1N4002, 1N4005 or 1N4007's, would they do?

so, just to expand the question are there any site that post comparatively different electrical components, but are electrically (functionally) almost identical that in most situation, they can be interchanged?

or when a certain manufacturer introduces a component into the market and the component gets named, do all other manufacturers just follow suit and for anything they introduce that are similar to the previous component, they name the same?

Why don't you look at the datasheet to see that the maximum allowed voltage for a 1N4002 is only 100V peak but the maximum for a 1N4004 is 400V peak?
The datasheet shows that the maximum allowed voltage for a 1N4007 is 1000V.
Their maximum allowed current is the same.
Use a 1N4005 or 1N4007 to replace a 1N4004.

about the need 1N400x's i found out that i had one that i salvaged.

Why don't you look at the datasheet to see that the maximum allowed voltage for a 1N4002 is only 100V peak but the maximum for a 1N4004 is 400V peak?

- at the time of this reply i already have and saw the maximum reverse currents.

I think you mean reverse voltage. The reverse current is typically 5uA@25oC and the maximum rated voltage.

The higher voltage parts (>=600V) have a lower junction capacitance, 8pF as opposed to 15pf which makes no difference in most applications. unless you're using it as a varactor in a voltage controlled filter or voltage controlled oscillator.