Electronics-Lab.com Community

Programming cameras to detect patterns

Guest Lucas

Hello everyone, I am trying to make something that will help my brother. Long story short, he has a lazy eye. He can correct it when he realizes the eyes deviates, but obviously he cannot think about it every second of the day.
What I want to do is put two small cameras in a pair of glasses, so they can detect when one eye deviates from the other. I would like the trigger of detection something like a small red light turn on (that he can see, of course) when there is deviation.

I imagine this will is a fairly simply project, with the only real obstacle being the programming of the cameras to recognize the pupil from the rest of the eye and eyelids, and establishing the pattern between the two pupils.

I need to know the hardware necessary (Type of chip for the programming, type of cameras, battery, etc.),
The software to program the recognition of eye deviation (and how to program it onto a chip),
And how to connect all of these components.

Clearly, I don’t know much about electronics, but I will be researching all of this so I am not just blindly following instructions. I just need help with the basic information to point me in the right direction.

Please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
Thank you all in advance!