Electronics-Lab.com Community

Help Me Decide

Guest Tony3d

Ok, I final narrowed it down to just two scope…… The Rigol DS1102E, and the Owon SDS7072.  The Rigol is 100 mhz, and Owon is 70mhz. Both are 1GS/s. The Owon has a much lager, and higher resolution screen, can be run on battery for total isolation, come's with a 3 year warranty, and offers an impressive 10 megs of record memory! I know the Owon's screen refresh rate is very slow, but the Rigol's is not that much faster, so glitches would be hard to find on either. The way I see it, if your not prepared to spend at least $1200 on a scope your not going to find a much improved scope to help track down glitching. With the fact that I probably won't be dealing much with high speed digital circuits (mainly amplifier, and Capacitor charging circuits), I see no reason to look past these two scopes. Based on these two given everything said which would be the better buy? Thanks, and if I have made some major mis-interpretation here please LET ME KNOW. I only have a total of $450.00 to spend. This will be my Christmas.