Electronics-Lab.com Community

9v Car port?!

Guest Ninja32

Guest Ninja32

Hey you guys!
Ive got a weird but cool project id like to try out, but i need some opinions or suggestions or something!
I've taken 2 electronic classes in high school so i know the basics, but i cant deicide whether this idea is functional or not.
I have an empty slot under my car radio, where a cd changer went. I thought it'd be a cool idea to put a box down there with a switch, on and off, and an ac car port (like what you would put your phone charger in or a cigarette lighter) that runs on a 9v battery and not my car battery. I saw an led light equalizer that goes on your back windshield and you plug it up to your ac port. Yes it'd be simpler to just plug it into the one that built into my car but 1. If i made this id feel up that ugly gap under my radio. 2. to turn the led off its just a flick of a switch away. and 3. it would be cool to say i built it. With your guys help of course!
What do you guys think? I need ideas, schematics and what i need to accomplish this.
Thanks!

What is "a red light equalizer"? A red bar graph display of sound levels?

Did you look at the datasheet of a 9V alkaline battery to see how little is its amount of power?
It can light one LED brightly at 25mA for about 18 hours then it dims for another 18 hours until it is invisible.
If a red light equalizer is a bar graph display of 10 LEDs then a 9V alkaline battery can light it brightly for only a few hours then it dims for another few hours until it is invisible.

It is probably illegal to have a bar graph display in the rear window of a vehicle anyway.

I designed a red light bar graph display that shows sound levels. It operates from about 9V and the charge from a rechargeable 9V Ni-MH battery lasts for about half an hour. It is here:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/motor_light/002/index.html