Electronics-Lab.com Community

0-30 volt regulated power supply

Guest root2hell

Guest liquibyte

Hello, :'(
i am new here i have made a 30V regulated power supply but i didn't get expected answer.
can anybody help me in that.
any help is highly appreciated.

Looking at your schematic, all you seem to be doing is trying to minimize parts without solving any of the inherent problems and also seem to be ignoring the advice you are given.  Why in the world are you trying to rip out the current limiting on this design?  This is probably a bad idea, as has been said to you.  It's in there because it is a good idea to have it in there and is why all of the better power supply designs have included this feature.  Do me a favor, take a look at this schematic on page 38 and tell me if anything looks familiar to you.  This is from the '70's, do you think if it weren't a good idea that it would have been included?  I'm going to answer your question about "can anybody help me in that".  I just did.  I know this may sound harsh, but you need to be listening to what you're being told instead of waiting for an answer that you want to hear, which in all likelihood will probably end up being wrong because the people telling you what you don't want to hear are right.  There are many, many iterations of this design on the net.  Find them, read the results of others work, learn from the mistakes and if you insist on doing this I suggest you buy the parts, put it together and test it out.

I answered you and another kid in your class about your crippling of this project on another website.

Earlier today I saw this schematic that uses a 20k fixed resistor for R12 instead of a trimmer resistor. The trimmer resistor changes the voltage gain to allow an output as high as 30.0V.
With your 20k resistor for R12 then the maximum output voltage is +24.6V.