Electronics-Lab.com Community

Dual 1-15V± tracking

Guest liquibyte

Guest liquibyte

A couple of months ago I bought one of these transformers in the hopes that I'd be able to use it in a ±15V dual supply for playing around with dual supply op amp circuits.  I came across a design on seekic that seemed to fit the bill but I had to do some tweaking to get it working the way I wanted.  The schematic and associated simulation is what I ended up with and I'm posting it here in the hopes someone might get some use out of it.  It seems to work in simulation rather well but I have to pick up some 5.1V zeners to breadboard it up to see how it performs in the real world.  I haven't tried to get it down to 0V and probably won't bother as it's not really needed but I might play around with current limiting later on.  Basically we have a 1-15V positive and negative tracking supply that can deliver up to 1A per side.

post-107142-1427914489695_thumb.png

0-15-tracking.zip

Guest liquibyte

How's this look?  I can't quite get the limiting fully linear but it seems to work for the middle range of the pot well enough.  I chose the 0.05 ohm sense resistor because I have a meter on the way that has that for its sense value, otherwise I'd have probably gone with 0.1 ohms.  I also kept the pots at values I have on hand at the moment.  It's hard designing around parts you have instead of what you should be using.

post-107142-14279144898013_thumb.png

0-15-tracking-w-current-limiting.zip