Electronics-Lab.com Community

Accelorometer light project

KS2

Hello

I am looking for a compact device that would power 5 LED bulbs.  I would like the bulbs to be able to turn on by a switch, but if it detected a LACK of physical motion (accelerometer?) than it would flash the bulbs.  would need a reset button as well.

The wiring/bulbs enclosure will be of my design, I'm pretty much just looking for the circuit/logic board-device or combination of devices etc.

Any ideas for something that is currently on the market that could be built with these features?

Thanks

Ken

Edited by KS2

In this case i would recommend a microcontroller (programmable chip) that will continuously read an acceleration sensor in all three axes and if these values fall below a threshold for some time (you define it) the LEDs will flash. But to use a microcontroller, some knowledge of programming is required. The electronics part of this project is straightforward. Alternative you can think of an Arduino to power this project. That will make programming of the mcu more easy.

Edited by admin

hello

Thanks for the repy.

after having done a bit of research as well those are my thoughts as well.  I'm sure the programming is relatively simple for my needs and instead of beating myself over the head with th learning curve, I will just contract someobe to write the code.

Thanks

Ken